1. Deer are a pest in the countryside.
2. The curlew is a tasty bird.
3. A man who they said wouldn't last Christmas one year, is still around, 35 years later.
4. There is a stallion who is married to a barren mare, and who refuses to mate with fertile mares unless his love is standing in the field beside him.
5. An 89 year old man walks two miles on the open road every night in his reflective vest to sit at the bar, and at the end of the night, walks home again. Every night.
6. Garlic bread goes surprisingly well with your first pint of Guinness in three months.