Wednesday 8 July 2009

The 2 Train: sweet and groovy



So I'd like to introduce you to The 2 Train: my new band! The 2 Train is me, Lucy Foley (voice) and Ross Bonadonna (guitar). We play a mixture of jazz, pop and bossa nova songs. Ross and I have been playing together since he discovered I could sing, and this past March we recorded a bunch of songs by the fireplace here in Clare. You can hear them on our myspace page. We're also busy making my first album in Wombat Recording, and I look forward to being busy with both projects for a while yet.

We're available for bookings throughout Ireland, Europe and New York, and you can contact us at the address on both the myspace page and from my website.

6 comments:

  1. Delighted to make the acquaintance of these fine songs, and good luck with The 2 Train! I think that for all its drawbacks, MySpace is still the best way to get your music out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lucy!
    i dig your sound. i'm a bossa novice but i am really enjoying listening to you two fuse. great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bossa novice! I love that! "...enjoying listening to you to fuse." What a gorgeous description. I might have to turn that into a review, from Ray Ray Raynor, Bossa Novice. That's hep, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lord. Typos in my own comments. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your stuff. So how do we get hold of this recording then? Clare :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Clare! Cool. We are making my first album of original songs right now. It's on the way!

    ReplyDelete