Thursday 7 May 2009

A year on twitter

I recently passed 1000 updates on ze tveeter, and in a couple of days I will have been on twitter a year. I am recalling my first ever tweet. I remember thinking, this is fucking ridiculous. Has it really come to this? I'm sitting here, trying to think of something to put into this fucking box, for christsake, that is what I'm fucking doing right now. But if I was to be completely honest about what I'm doing when I write in this fucking box I will always be angsting over the whole fact of doing it, and that won't be fun at all. So how do I proceed? Am I to be dishonest in my dealings with this 'twitter'? And to what end? For what purpose? I only know about three people on this thing anyway. Okay, ten. But they're all fucking computer making people and designers kvetching about font details. I don't even understand them half the time. What the fuck am I doing here? This is very unpleasant and I need a cup of tea.

And then in my exasperation, I turned my head to the window. Some flies were standing on the glass, enjoying spring and clearly horny. My fingers flew.

7 comments:

  1. 1000 tweets in just under a year seems a very sensible amount. And I think "this is fucking ridiculous" and similar thoughts probably ran through many a mind on the virginal verge of tweeting.

    It's funny that horny flies inspired you. I have a story about inspirational horny flies too but it's not really suitable for widespread consumption. My point is: I wonder how many other people have been inspired by horny flies, and in what ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why Stan, I had... no idea. I, well, I thought I was alone. I could never dream that there might be... others...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only that, but we have a celebrity representative: Brundlefly. I mean Jeff Goldblum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, I can't join you there. I just like to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So does he.

    I am now ashamed of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will have to go to Clusterflock where there are many people who understand poop jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Excremental Vision, as some would have it.

    ReplyDelete